I have always thought that the road to happiness is my skills, handwork, capacity, strength and all various attribute of success. Many times I have walked down the road to happiness seeking what I thought would be a golden pot at the end of a rainbow. Somehow what I searched for eluded me at every corner. I have searched for it in distances places and in my own back yard and I have not found it. I have reached many milestones, kilometers and accomplished many goals I set out to attain and do I have? …………… all that I have searched for resulted in many vanities
I have discovered that the only times I have really been happy have been the times when I have made others happy through some small thing, kind words or generous action. When I have made someone’s burden less to carry, I have been happy. Yes, I discovered how to be happy. And here I have found it at every corner, at every turn. One satisfying note about giving happiness to others is in the saying ''blesseth is him that gives and him that take. Somehow this joy always returns to the giver. It changes the path he walks. It lightens his steps and adds that great comfortable feeling that every one likes to carry
I have discovered that the only times I have really been happy have been the times when I have made others happy through some small thing, kind words or generous action. When I have made someone’s burden less to carry, I have been happy. Yes, I discovered how to be happy. And here I have found it at every corner, at every turn. One satisfying note about giving happiness to others is in the saying ''blesseth is him that gives and him that take. Somehow this joy always returns to the giver. It changes the path he walks. It lightens his steps and adds that great comfortable feeling that every one likes to carry

Comments
Post a Comment